This Caramel Apple Blondie Pie was everything I dreamed it would be – Toasted pecans throughout, and the caramelized apples with just the right sweetness. I am drooling AGAIN!
Caramel Apple Blondie Pie
This Caramel Apple Blondie Pie was everything I dreamed it would be - Toasted pecans throughout, and the caramelized apples with just the right sweetness. I am drooling AGAIN!
- 6 large Granny Smith apples (about 3 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (I omitted this)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Peel apples, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Toss with 2 Tbsp. flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a large bowl. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture, and sauté 15 minutes or until apples are tender and liquid is thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Melt remaining 3/4 cup butter. Stir together 1 1/2 cups flour and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, bourbon, 3/4 cup melted butter, and remaining 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, stirring until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Fit piecrust into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, gently pressing piecrust all the way up the sides of skillet. Spoon two-thirds of apple mixture over bottom of piecrust, spreading and gently pressing apple slices into an even layer using the back of a spoon. Spoon batter over apple mixture; top with remaining apple mixture.
- Place pie on lower oven rack, and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven; cool pie completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle cooled pie with 1/3 cup Apple Cider Caramel Sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Cook cider in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
- To reheat, microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.