This is the ideal summer salad to accompany whatever you’re grilling. It’s healthful, cool and pretty. And don’t think that added sugar will improve the taste. The natural sugars in the fruit combine perfectly with the tartness of the yogurt for a delicious, refreshing side dish.
Cantaloupe Fruit Salad
This is the ideal summer salad to accompany whatever you’re grilling. It’s healthful, cool and pretty.
- 2 medium cantaloupes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh shredded coconut (or packaged coconut, if you don't have the time)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 large apple, cored, unpeeled, cut into chunks
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Stir together the yogurt and orange peel. Chill.
- Mix all fruits in a large salad bowl. At serving time, add the nuts and pour chilled yogurt mixture over fruit, toss, and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Steven Labinski