Recipe for Broccoli Grape and Pasta Salad – If you’re a broccoli salad fan, you’ll love the combination of these colorful ingredients.
Broccoli Grape and Pasta Salad
If you’re a broccoli salad fan, you’ll love the combination of these colorful ingredients.
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or your favorite)
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup Tzatziki Sauce (see below)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 cooked bacon slices, crumbled (optional)
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
- Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint.
Recipe and Photo: Myrecipes.com