Recipe for Bowtie Chicken Salad – Your next BBQ cries out for this Bowtie Chicken Salad! It’s easy, with few ingredients and has both sweet and savory elements and textures, making it a great side dish.
Bowtie Chicken Salad
Your next BBQ cries out for this Bowtie Chicken Salad! It’s easy, with few ingredients and has both sweet and savory elements and textures, making it a great side dish.
- 3/4 box bowtie pasta
- 1 bag of baby spinach - ends removed
- 2 C shredded romaine lettuce
- 5-6 green onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 C fresh parsley - finely chopped
- ½ C honey roasted peanuts
- 2-3 can mandarin oranges
- ½ C crasins
- 2oz water chestnuts – thinly sliced and chopped
- ½ C toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2/3 C Teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 2/3 C white vinegar
- 6 Tbl sugar
- ½ tea salt
- ½ tea pepper
- Boil pasta until barely tender then drain well and rinsed well. Once cool place pasta in a Ziploc bag and pour ½ of salad dressing into bag and let refrigerate for 3 hours, reserve remaining dressing to top salad.
- Cook chicken, best is seasoned and broiled or grilled.
- Prepare remaining salad ingredients and set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve, then combine chicken, pasta and salad together and dressing, toss well. This makes a HUGE salad so cut in half if serving a smaller crowd.
Recipe and Photo: Yummy Fun
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com