Your next BBQ cries out for this Bowtie Chicken Salad! It’s easy, with few ingredients and has both sweet and savory elements and textures, making it a great side dish.
- 3/4 box bowtie pasta
- 1 bag of baby spinach - ends removed
- 2 C shredded romaine lettuce
- 5-6 green onion - finely chopped
- 1/2 C fresh parsley - finely chopped
- ½ C honey roasted peanuts
- 2-3 can mandarin oranges
- ½ C crasins
- 2oz water chestnuts – thinly sliced and chopped
- ½ C toasted sesame seeds
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2/3 C Teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 2/3 C white vinegar
- 6 Tbl sugar
- ½ tea salt
- ½ tea pepper
- Boil pasta until barely tender then drain well and rinsed well. Once cool place pasta in a Ziploc bag and pour ½ of salad dressing into bag and let refrigerate for 3 hours, reserve remaining dressing to top salad.
- Cook chicken, best is seasoned and broiled or grilled.
- Prepare remaining salad ingredients and set aside in refrigerator until ready to serve, then combine chicken, pasta and salad together and dressing, toss well. This makes a HUGE salad so cut in half if serving a smaller crowd.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 26mgSodium 712mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 14g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Yummy Fun