Recipe for BLT Salad – The whole family will love this quick and easy recipe based on the classic BLT sandwich.
The whole family will love this quick and easy recipe based on the classic BLT sandwich
- 1 cup whole-wheat country bread, cubed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chives (or green onions), minced
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss bread with oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut 1 tomato in half. Working over a large bowl, shred both halves using the large holes on a box grater. Discard the skin. Add mayonnaise, chives (or scallion greens), vinegar, garlic powder and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Chop the remaining 3 tomatoes. Add the tomatoes, romaine and croutons to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com