Recipe for Big and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – My daughter made these cookies today for her grandchildren and they are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had. You simply have to try them.
Big and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
My daughter made these cookies today for her grandchildren and they are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had. You simply have to try them.
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt (use ¼ tsp. if starting with salted butter)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated NUTMEG
- 2 sticks butter,unsalted softened
- 1/2 tsp. PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Cups raisins
- Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions and preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and NUTMEG; set aside.
- Beat the butter and VANILLA until creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Roll the dough into generous 2-inch balls. Place the balls on the cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake at 350° until the cookie edges turn golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Halfway through the baking time switch the cookie sheets from top to bottom and turn them from front to back.
- Place the cookie sheets on a cooling rack and let the cookies cool completely before removing.