You know how much they like barbecue ribs? They’ll like ’em even more when they’re brushed with the sweet and savory marmalade mixture in this BBQ Marmalade Ribs recipe!
BBQ Marmalade Ribs
You know how much they like barbecue ribs? They'll like 'em even more when they're brushed with this sweet and savory marmalade mixture!
- 4 lbs Pork Ribs
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 C your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray)
- 2 T honey
- ¼ C. orange marmalade
- combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Preheat to 300 degrees F. Coat ribs with rub mixture. Wrap ribs in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 2 ½ hours. Remove from oven, coat ribs generously with BBQ Marmalade. At this point, I like to put the ribs in the fridge (can make ahead up to 24 hours) then when it’s Tailgate time, put them on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes each side to heat them up and sear the sauce.
- Set smoker to 225 F.
- Coat ribs with rub mixture, place in smoker for 3 hours. Remove ribs, coat with a thin coating of BBQ Marmalade and wrap in aluminum foil. Continue smoking for 2 hours. Remove ribs, coat generously with sauce and smoke for 1 additional hour.
Recipe and Photo: Gourmet Mom on the Go