You know how much they like barbecue ribs? They’ll like ’em even more when they’re brushed with the sweet and savory marmalade mixture in this BBQ Marmalade Ribs recipe!
BBQ Marmalade Ribs
Yield: 4 lbs. of ribs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
You know how much they like barbecue ribs? They'll like 'em even more when they're brushed with this sweet and savory marmalade mixture!
- 4 lbs Pork Ribs
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
BBQ Marmalade Sauce:
- 3 C your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray)
- 2 T honey
- ¼ C. orange marmalade
For the BBQ Marmalade Sauce
- combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Preheat to 300 degrees F. Coat ribs with rub mixture. Wrap ribs in aluminum foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 2 ½ hours. Remove from oven, coat ribs generously with BBQ Marmalade. At this point, I like to put the ribs in the fridge (can make ahead up to 24 hours) then when it’s Tailgate time, put them on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes each side to heat them up and sear the sauce.
Smoker: If you have a smoker, here’s our favorite way to cook these ribs.
- Set smoker to 225 F.
- Coat ribs with rub mixture, place in smoker for 3 hours. Remove ribs, coat with a thin coating of BBQ Marmalade and wrap in aluminum foil. Continue smoking for 2 hours. Remove ribs, coat generously with sauce and smoke for 1 additional hour.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 lb. (pre-cooked)
Amount Per Serving Calories 2089Total Fat 142gSaturated Fat 42gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 63gCholesterol 476mgSodium 3725mgCarbohydrates 109gFiber 3gSugar 90gProtein 97g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Gourmet Mom on the Go