These Baked Vegan Zucchini Fries are freaking awesome and can replace the other kind any time as far as I am concerned!
- 2 cups plain almond or soy milk
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 4-5-inch long sticks, about 1/2-inch wide
- Marinara sauce for serving
- Start your oven and preheat it to 425, and get a baking sheet for this one. Line it with parchment paper as you’re going to find that it’s going to be best overall.
- In a large bowl, you want to combine your favorite vegan milk with mustard, and then slowly stir in breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. You want to make sure that all these pieces are in place together. You will find that the combination will be amazing when you do it right.
- Get a zip lock bag and add a lot of flower to it. Then take your zucchini sticks and just toss them around in the flour. After that, you will want to bathe them in the breading and try to make sure that it sticks a bit. Then after that, you will want to put them on the baking sheet with a little space. Just repeat this over time and you will fill your sheet.
- Bake this for 22 minutes max and ensure that they are brown. You will want to use ranch or marinara, I prefer ranch, but that’s up to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size About 2oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 1mgSodium 761mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 14g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.