My Baked Cinnamon and Sugar Churros are a breeze to prepare and super fun to eat with your hands. Chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, with a nice dusting of cinnamon and sugar to boot. The way a churro should be!
Baked Cinnamon and Sugar Churros
My Baked Cinnamon and Sugar Churros are a breeze to prepare and super fun to eat with your hands.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup light butter spread (preferably Brummell & Brown with yogurt)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter spread, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and salt. Set the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Stir until the mixture forms a ball. Stir in the egg until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag or freezer bag fitted with a large tip (preferably star-shaped). Pipe the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, making 12, 8-inch long strips. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the churros are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray the baked churros with cooking spray and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over top. Flip the churros and repeat on the other side. Serve warm.