Recipe for Light Scalloped Potatoes – The problem with most scalloped potato recipes is the calories. This recipe is creamy, soft, thin, and light without all the fat and calories!
- 5 large potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 tbs butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Peel and slice potatoes. Dice onion.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer Potatoes and onion until the dish is filled.
- In saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter. Add flour, whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add chicken broth, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Cook till thick and bubbly.
- Pour creamy sauce over onions and potatoes. Sprinkle liberally with paprika.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
Photo: George Wesley
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com