Double Caramel Pound Cake
Recipe for Double Caramel Pound Cake – The best Double Caramel Pound Cake on the web! My family has made this for decades, and it is definitely an old time favorite.
Double Caramel Pound Cake
For the Caramel Cake:
- 3 sticks /1 1/2 cups Butter (at room temperature + more for pan)
- 2 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 6 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 1/2 cups + more for pan All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt to Taste
- 1 1/2 cups (at room temperature) Whole Milk
For the Caramel Icing:
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk or Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Confectioners' sugar, sifted
To make Caramel Pound Cake :
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F/160 degree C and grease with butter and dust lightly with flour a 10inch fluted tube pan, making sure there are no clumps of butter or exposed areas in pan; set aside.
- Take a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In the another large bowl; cream 3 sticks of butter with using a hand mixer or stand mixer at medium speed for 2 minute until creamy and soft.
- Add the light brown and white sugars and into to creamed butter and mix,stopping to scrape down the bowl now and then with a rubber spatula occasionally, until lightened and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to mediumlow and Add in eggs, one at a time,beating for about 15 seconds after each addition and scraping down the bowl with a spatula as you go, until well blended. (Note : Do not overmix).
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and 11/2 cups milk alternately, in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour; beat until smooth, about 3 minutes total.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. (Note : Do not overbake).
- Remove from oven and let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Loosen edges with a small knife, then turn onto rack to let cool completely.
To make Caramel Icing:
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add dark brown sugar and whisk constantly until mixture is bubbling and smooth and butter is completely incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk or whipping cream. Let mixture cool. Stir in the vanilla, then gradually add the confectioners' sugar and stir until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer cake to a cake plate and ice with frosting. Let stand for at least 2 hours before slicing.
If your caramel icing gets too thick or cools too quickly making it hard to pour, simply stir in a little milk or
whipping cream to thin it out some.
Recipe and Photo: s4’s world
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com