Double Caramel Pound Cake
Recipe for Double Caramel Pound Cake – The best Double Caramel Pound Cake on the web! My family has made this for decades, and it is definitely an old time favorite.
Double Caramel Pound Cake
1 hour, 20 minutes
The best Double Caramel Pound Cake on the web! My family has made this for decades, and it is definitely an old time favorite.
Yield: 12 servings
For the Caramel Cake:
- 3 sticks /1 1/2 cups Butter (at room temperature + more for pan)
- 2 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated White Sugar
- 6 large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 1/2 cups + more for pan All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt to Taste
- 1 1/2 cups (at room temperature) Whole Milk
For the Caramel Icing:
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk or Whipping Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Confectioners' sugar, sifted
To make Caramel Pound Cake :
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F/160 degree C and grease with butter and dust lightly with flour a 10inch fluted tube pan, making sure there are no clumps of butter or exposed areas in pan; set aside.
- Take a bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In the another large bowl; cream 3 sticks of butter with using a hand mixer or stand mixer at medium speed for 2 minute until creamy and soft.
- Add the light brown and white sugars and into to creamed butter and mix,stopping to scrape down the bowl now and then with a rubber spatula occasionally, until lightened and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to mediumlow and Add in eggs, one at a time,beating for about 15 seconds after each addition and scraping down the bowl with a spatula as you go, until well blended. (Note : Do not overmix).
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and 11/2 cups milk alternately, in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour; beat until smooth, about 3 minutes total.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. (Note : Do not overbake).
- Remove from oven and let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Loosen edges with a small knife, then turn onto rack to let cool completely.
To make Caramel Icing:
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add dark brown sugar and whisk constantly until mixture is bubbling and smooth and butter is completely incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk or whipping cream. Let mixture cool. Stir in the vanilla, then gradually add the confectioners' sugar and stir until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer cake to a cake plate and ice with frosting. Let stand for at least 2 hours before slicing.
If your caramel icing gets too thick or cools too quickly making it hard to pour, simply stir in a little milk or
whipping cream to thin it out some.
Calories per serving: 798 kcal
Fat per serving: 37g
Saturated fat per serving: 23g
Carbs per serving: 116g
Protein per serving: 5g
Sugar per serving: 113g
Sodium per serving: 200mg
Trans fat per serving: 1g
Cholesterol per serving: 188mg
Recipe and Photo: s4’s world
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com