Stop eating boring bread pudding. Here is a tart twist that is simple to make. And rather than French bread, I used donut holes to give it added sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 3 dozen day-old donut holes, torn into 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add donut holes and toss gently to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish coated with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until bread pudding sets.
- Garnish with a key lime slice and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Po Boy Livin Rich
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com