Recipe for the Perfect Pork Roast – This is a foolproof recipe that gives you a perfect and juicy pork roast every time. Perfect on it’s own, pulled and sauced, or in any pork recipe.
- 10 Lb. Bone-In Pork Roast
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4-5 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven or smoker to 170F.
- Place roast fat side up, and season with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Press your minced garlic into the outside of the roast.
- If using a smoker, place roast directly onto rack. If using an oven, place roast in oven-safe dish, and cover with foil.
- Cook roast at 170F for 3 hours. After 3 hours, raise temperature to 225F. Allow roast to cook for another 6 hours, or until center temperature reaches 195F.
- When roast is done, allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
To make your own Montreal Steak Seasoning, combine the following:
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons crushed black pepper
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon crushed coriander
1 tablespoon dill
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
Recipe and Photo: Sparkles of Yum