Recipe for Bang Bang Chicken – This is a refreshing dish of cucumbers and chicken topped with a nutty sauce spiked with Sichuan pepper.
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small carrot, julienned lengthwise
- 1/2 lb (250g) cooked chicken breast, cooled and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsps ginger paste
- 2 Tbsps sesame paste
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsps chicken broth
- 2 Tsps soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppers + extra
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Place sliced cucumbers in a colander, sprinkle and toss with salt, then set aside for about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients (except sesame seeds) until combined. In another bowl, toss shredded chicken with dressing, one tablespoon at a time, until just coated.
- Drain cucumbers and gently squeeze the slices to remove excess moisture. On a small platter or plate, arrange the cucumber slices to make a bed for the chicken. Cover with chicken, pour remaining dress over and garnish with julienned carrots, black sesame seeds and extra Sichuan peppers.
- Serve cool or at room temperature.
Recipe and Photo: Tangled Noodle