Get out of my way, I’m first in line for these Shrimp! Jumbo shrimp sauteed in garlic, cilantro, and tequila. It’s great over pasta, or enjoy with cocktail sauce.
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 packet Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt - diced tomatoes
- 1 small poblano pepper, in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow or orange bell pepper, in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red onion, in 1/2-inch crescents, about 1 cup
- 3/4 pound extra large (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional, for garnish
- In a 1-gallon re-sealable plastic bag, combine the tequila, orange juice, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, 3-4 grinds pepper. Seal the bag and shale to dissolve the salt. Add the oil and shake again. Add the shrimp to the marinade and re-seal the bag. Massage gently to coat the shrimp with the marinade. Set the bag on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning the bag over twice during that time.
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the shrimp and marinade sauce from the bag to the skillet. Stirring occasionally, cook until the shrimp look pink (approx. 3 minutes). Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent (approx. 3 minutes). Add the tomatoes (with their liquid) and the Sweet'N Low® zero calorie sweetener. Stirring occasionally, cook until the shrimp are done (approx. 5 minutes). To serve, divide Tequila Shrimp among 4 dinner plates. Garnish with the cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Sweet N Low