Recipe for Ham Salad – Here’s one of those feed-a-lot-of-people comfort food salads that you can easily make with leftover ham. Ham salad. Put it in a sandwich, eat it plain, add it to macaroni; it’s all good.
- 2 cups finely diced ham
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp onion minced
- 2 Tbsp celery minced
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- A large pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix everything but the salt, pepper and cayenne in a large bowl. Taste and add cayenne, salt and black pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
- Serve straight, or mixed in with macaroni, or in a sandwich in a hamburger bun, a Kaiser roll, regular bread, in a pita or as a wrap. Good with lemonade on a hot day.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Simplyrecipes.com