While these crunchy cakes are more yellow in color than green, they’re still a perfect St. Patty’s Day treat for your family and friends. Each scrumptious morsel is totally satisfying and packed with vitamin-rich zucchini, yet strikingly low in calories, carbs, and fat.
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Adobo spices
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove excess liquid from freshly grated zucchini by placing them between paper towels and squeezing.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large pan on medium, and spray with cooking spray.
- Shape spoonfuls of the zucchini batter into 2-in. (diameter) patties, and drop onto the sizzling pan. Cook each side for about a minute and a half, or until the outside is golden brown.
- Finish the cakes off in the oven. Stick them on a baking pan and broil them for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot, alone or with light ranch dressing.