This Zabaglione Cheesecake is a rich, smooth, and delightful cheesecake combination set on an almond crumb base and glazed with a decadent trufle fudge frosting.
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups almond biscotti crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Truffle Fudge Frosting
- 12 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
To make the crust:
- Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil with butter. In a bowl, combine biscotti crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan and freeze.
To make the filling:
- In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, sugar and flour until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in wine and vanilla. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour over the frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in a preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting into bars. Serve with cherry-kirsch sauce or truffle fudge frosting with lots of chocolate shavings.
To make the frosting
- In top of double boiler over simmering water, melt milk and bittersweet chocolate, stirring until smooth. Let cool until no longer warm to the touch.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with whip attachment, beat butter and melted chocolate on medium speed until uniform in color, about 3 minutes. Place bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm the frosting. Return to the mixer and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Decorate the cheesecake any way you want it with the frosting!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 785Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 195mgSodium 362mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 4gSugar 39gProtein 13g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Eliza Adam