Recipe for Zabaglione Cheesecake – A rich, smooth, and delightful cheesecake combination set on an almond crumb base and glazed with a decadent trufle fudge frosting.
A rich, smooth, and delightful cheesecake combination set on an almond crumb base and glazed with a decadent trufle fudge frosting.
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups almond biscotti crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Truffle Fudge Frosting
- 12 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
To make the crust:
- Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil with butter. In a bowl, combine biscotti crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan and freeze.
To make the filling:
- In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, sugar and flour until very smooth, for 3 minutes. Add whole eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in wine and vanilla. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour over the frozen crust, smoothing out to sides of pan. Bake in a preheated oven until top is light brown and center has a slight jiggle to it, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting into bars. Serve with cherry-kirsch sauce or truffle fudge frosting with lots of chocolate shavings.
To make the frosting
- In top of double boiler over simmering water, melt milk and bittersweet chocolate, stirring until smooth. Let cool until no longer warm to the touch.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with whip attachment, beat butter and melted chocolate on medium speed until uniform in color, about 3 minutes. Place bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm the frosting. Return to the mixer and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Decorate the cheesecake any way you want it with the frosting!
Recipe and Photo: Eliza Adam
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com