Recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas – An instant family favorite! Hands down the best Enchilada ever. This White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe will be requested in your home very soon!
White Chicken Enchiladas
An instant family favorite! Hands down the best Enchilada ever. This White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe will be requested in your home very soon!
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Mix the chicken together with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Distribute the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared pan. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly. Stir in the sour cream and diced green chiles.
- Pour the sauce in an even layer over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Dear Lissy
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com