Here’s a 30-minute Mexican-style White Chicken Chili that’s loaded with chicken, beans and zesty flavor!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- sour cream, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for garnish
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, garlic and chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon chili into soup bowls. Top each serving with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 71mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 29g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.