Rich chocolate ice cream full of chocolate brownie chunks! This Vegan Double Chocolate Brownie Chunk Ice Cream is what the dreams of every chocolate and ice cream lover are made of.
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews, rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of brownie chunks, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes - Ultimate Vegan Brownie recipe here
- In a medium saucepan add the cashews, water, sugar, espresso powder and salt. Cover the saucepan, bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the arrowroot flour or tapioca starch and simmer for 4 more minutes. Now add the cocoa powder and simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and add the vegetable oil, agave syrup, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and semi-sweet chocolate. Blend on the Whip setting for one minute then transfer to a covered container and place in the refrigerator to cool for at least two hours.
- Now we want to whip some air into the ice cream to improve creaminess. Beat the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and mix for about 30 minutes. Transfer the ice cream to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the brownie chunks.
- Transfer to a covered container and put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours. This recipe makes about 1 quart Vegan Double Chocolate Brownie Chunk Ice Cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 150mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.