People really loved this Vanilla Yogurt and Triple Berry Trifle, plus the presentation was beautiful even though I didn’t have a trifle dish.
Vanilla Yogurt and Triple Berry Trifle
People really loved this Vanilla Yogurt and Triple Berry Trifle, plus the presentation was beautiful even though I didn't have a trifle dish.
- 2 package(s) (10 ounces each) frozen strawberries, thawed, strained, and juice reserved
- 1 package(s) (12-ounce) frozen raspberries, thawed, strained, and juice reserved
- 1 1/3 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3 container(s) (16 ounces each) nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, such as Chobani
- 40 ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange liqueur (optional), such as Cointreau
- 1 package(s) (16-ounce) frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together raspberry and strawberry juices with 2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Boil until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks; set aside. In a large bowl, combine yogurt and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Fold in whipped cream.
- Break ladyfingers in half. Place half of them in a 2-quart glass bowl or trifle dish. Drizzle cookies with 1 tablespoon liqueur, if using, and dollop with one-third of yogurt mixture. Spoon half of berries over yogurt mixture, then drizzle 3 to 4 tablespoons thickened juices. Layer another one-third of yogurt mixture over berries, followed by a layer of remaining ladyfingers. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon liqueur and dollop with remaining yogurt mixture. Top with remaining berries and 3 to 4 more tablespoons thickened juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, before serving.