Dessert doesn’t have to be fancy to be good, these Trisha Yearwood Apple Dumplings are always tasty and super easy!!
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 canned buttermilk biscuits
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel, core and slice the apples vertically into 8 slices each. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl of water and add the apple slices to keep from turning brown.
- In a medium saucepan, mix 1 cup water, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the butter and vanilla. Bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Wrap a biscuit layer around a slice of apple, stretching the biscuit slightly to overlap, and seal on the bottom. Place the wrapped slices, sealed-side down, in a 9- by 12- by 2-inch casserole dish. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the wrapped apples. Bake until golden brown, 35 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 Dumpling
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 2mgSodium 349mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 3gSugar 29gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.