Turn a traditional chocolate chip cookie into something amazing by adding in toasted coconut. Trust me you’ll need a full glass of milk to wash down these crispy and chewy Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Turn a traditional chocolate chip cookie into something amazing by adding in toasted coconut. Trust me you'll need a full glass of milk to wash down these crispy and chewy Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange coconut in a single layer on the pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted, stirring once. Set coconut aside to cool.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add brown sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed until creamy and smooth. Beat in vanilla extract, coconut extract, and egg. Slowly add flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Stir in toasted coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies just begin to brown. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire racks.