A deliciously sweet and savory recipe for Thai Pineapple and Chicken featuring chicken, fresh pineapple and red bell peppers.
Thai Pineapple and Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
A deliciously sweet and savory dish featuring chicken, fresh pineapple and red bell peppers.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (regular or instant)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cut broccoli florets and stems
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 fresh lime, divided
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken, stir fry 4-5 minutes until chicken is done. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add bell pepper, onion and broccoli; cook 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple; cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and stir in juice from ½ lime, fish sauce, chili sauce and cilantro. Cook 1 more minute.
- Serve over brown rice with lime wedges.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 600Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 96mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 9gSugar 23gProtein 44g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.