Recipe for Thai Chicken Satay – This chicken is so very flavorful and tender, so tender it just melts in your mouth and the balance of flavors is so awesome.. you’ll want to share!
Thai Chicken Satay
This chicken is so very flavorful and tender, so tender it just melts in your mouth and the balance of flavors is so awesome.. you’ll want to share!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, about 4 breast halves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar or palm sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet soy sauce,
- 1 teaspoon hoison sauce or fish sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- Bamboo skewers, about 12-14 (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamarind juice or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Slice the chicken in thin strips. It’s easier to slice the chicken if it’s partially frozen.
- Mix the remaining ingredients; add the chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the meat on the skewers and grill 4 minutes on each side just until done, basting with the marinade while grilling. Do not overcook. Serve with Peanut Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve for dipping.
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com