This taco meatloaf is the best of both worlds to me; a good hearty meatloaf but with a Mexican twist I love so much.
- 1 pound raw extra-lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 slices of fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix, dry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook peppers and onions for three minutes over medium heat in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, combine onions and peppers with turkey, corn and seasoning mix. Spread half of the mixture evenly into the bottom of the loaf pan (about 9″x5″) sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Layer the two slices of fat-free cheese on top of the mixture (try to keep slices away from the pan’s edges). Evenly top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Pour the salsa over the top of the loaf. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Top loaf with shredded cheese. Return loaf to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 91mgSodium 593mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 35g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Cocinando con Alena