This Super-Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake was superb in its appearance but that pales in comparison to the flavor. Moist; the antithesis of a grocery-store-dried-out-stale cake. Skip picking up a sheet cake and make your own I say; and make a mayo cake! It is decadent like a wedding cake. Made with love. Recipe dates back to World War II
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1-1/3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans*; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost, if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Or, prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 633Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 55mgSodium 575mgCarbohydrates 119gFiber 1gSugar 100gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe adapted from: examiner.com