Summer is a favorite time of the year for many reasons, but for me, it means fresh peaches. When I think of the perfect summer dessert, Peach Cobbler is top on of the list.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 34mgSodium 396mgCarbohydrates 77gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 5g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Shaw Girl