Recipe for Strawberry Scones – These delectable scones were so easy to make, with the entire cooking time not taking more than 30 minutes in all; now doesn’t that make you want to try it too?
These delectable scones were so easy to make, with the entire cooking time not taking more than 30 minutes in all; now doesn't that make you want to try it too?
- 3/4 Cup - Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cup - All-purpose flour plus extra for dusting work surface
- 1/3 Cup - Sugar plus 2 T for sprinkling (mildly sweet, increase to ½ Cup if you like it sweet)
- 2 Tsp - Baking powder
- ½ Tsp - Baking soda
- ¼ Tsp - Salt
- 4 Tbsp - Cold unsalted butter cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ Tsp – Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup - Fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter and using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in strawberries, lemon zest and then gently incorporate yogurt, and knead it just enough to make it into a dough ball. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough onto a heavily floured work surface. Pat it into 1 inch thick circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle tops of scones with remaining 2 T sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com