Recipe for Strawberry Lemon Buttermilk Muffins – I just love the way buttermilk adds that tangy moistness to baked goods. And the lemon and strawberry say “SPRING IS HERE!”
Strawberry Lemon Buttermilk Muffins
I just love the way buttermilk adds that tangy moistness to baked goods. And the lemon and strawberry say “SPRING IS HERE!”
- 1 ½ cups strawberries + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of Meyer lemon
- juice of Meyer lemon
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- lemon curd, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, gently coat the strawberries with the 2 tablespoons flour together and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk 2 ½ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, buttermilk, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into wet, stirring until just combined.
- Gently mix in the strawberries that have been tossed with flour.
- Line a muffin pan with liners then divide batter among the prepared cups.
- Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Serve with lemon curd, if desired.