Super easy Sriracha & Honey-sweetened Chinese Chicken. It has the perfect balance between sweetness and spiciness, is ready in under 20 minutes, AND is cheaper than take out!
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp oil, (sesame)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- sugar pea (optional)
- red peppers (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water until dissolved.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine 1cup water, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar and honey. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture into your sauce and stir until thickened. Set aside.
- Add chicken and 1/3cup cornstarch into a plastic zip bag and seal it. Shake till your chicken dices are evenly coated with cornstarch.
- Add sesame oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Set chicken aside and add your vegetables to the same pan and stir-fry for a couple minutes. Add a pinch of salt.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, add the sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve over a bowl with rice or vermicelli noodles.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes or sesame seeds.
Recipe and Photo: Homemade With Love