A quick and healthy chicken dish that will take your kitchen table to the islands with it’s sweet and spicy flavors. Serve this spicy pineapple chicken over rice for an easy, delicious, and healthy meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 medium onion cut into crescents
- salt to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 lb sugar snap pea trimmed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add onions.
- Stir fry until onions start to brown.
- Remove to plate and cover.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown well on all sides.
- Strain 1/4 cup syrup from pineapples and set aside.
- Pour remaining syrup into skillet with chicken, reserving pineapples for later.
- Add vinegar, garlic chili pepper sauce and fish sauce to skillet.
- Mix sauce together and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook chicken through (turning chicken once or twice to coat with sauce).
- Remove chicken to plate with onions and re-cover.
- Turn heat to high and add peas and pineapple chunks.
- Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch into reserved pineapple syrup until smooth.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and onions with accumulated juices back to skillet.
- Cook until sauce turns translucent and all ingredients are combined.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 818Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 356mgSodium 1047mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 37gProtein 98g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.