Recipe for Spicy Pineapple Chicken – A quick and healthy chicken dish that will take your kitchen table to the islands with it’s sweet and spicy flavors. Serve this spicy pineapple chicken over rice for an easy, delicious, and healthy meal!
A quick and healthy chicken dish that will take your kitchen table to the islands with it's sweet and spicy flavors. Serve this spicy pineapple chicken over rice for an easy, delicious, and healthy meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into crescents
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in heavy syrup
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat 1/2 of oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add onions.
- Stir fry until onions start to brown.
- Remove to plate and cover.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown well on all sides.
- Strain 1/4 cup syrup from pineapples and set aside.
- Pour remaining syrup into skillet with chicken, reserving pineapples for later.
- Add vinegar, garlic chili pepper sauce and fish sauce to skillet.
- Mix sauce together and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook chicken through (turning chicken once or twice to coat with sauce).
- Remove chicken to plate with onions and re-cover.
- Turn heat to high and add peas and pineapple chunks.
- Stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch into reserved pineapple syrup until smooth.
- Add to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and onions with accumulated juices back to skillet.
- Cook until sauce turns translucent and all ingredients are combined.
Calories per serving: 382
Fat per serving: 10g
Saturated fat per serving: 2g
Carbs per serving: 37g
Protein per serving: 36g
Fiber per serving: 3g
Sugar per serving: 26g
Sodium per serving: 497mg
Cholesterol per serving: 142mg
Photo: TheCulinaryGeek / CC BY
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com