If you need a dinner idea, you can pull this Spiced Roast Chicken Breast out of your hat in a mere half hour – and I’ll guarantee, you’ll be a very popular person around the dinner table.
Spiced Roast Chicken Breast
If you need a dinner idea, you can pull this Spiced Roast Chicken Breast out of your hat in a mere half hour - and I'll guarantee, you'll be a very popular person around the dinner table.
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (or bone-in and skin on)
- 1 t. chile powder
- 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. ground coriander
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/8 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. salt
- veg or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the spices, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add a tiny amount of oil to moisten into a paste. Rub into the chicken well, and let it sit a few minutes while the cast iron skillet heats over medium high heat.
- Sear the meat about 2 minutes per side - a minute or two longer per side if using bone-in chicken. (Start with the side you want to present up first, so when you pop the pan into the oven, the prettiest side is up when it comes out.)
- Transfer pan to oven, and continue baking until the chicken is done, about 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the pieces and if you use bone-in chicken.
- Let the chicken sit for several minutes before serving to re-distribute the juices.