Recipe for South East Asian Barbeque Chicken – Who doesn’t look forward to the warmer months? It is the perfect time to go out and spend some time with family and friends
South East Asian Barbeque Chicken
Who doesn’t look forward to the warmer months? It is the perfect time to go out and spend some time with family and friends
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 heads garlic (smashed)
- 2 ea yellow onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 ea fresh lemon juice (or 5 ea calamansi juice)
- 1 ½ cup sprite or 7-up
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup agave nectar (if available. OR honey)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 12 oz (1 bottle) banana ketchup (or regular)
- 10 lbs chicken thighs (skin taken out) (adjust pounds & ingredients for how many your feeding)
- 1 cup banana ketchup (or regular)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- for garlic-vinegar dipping sauce:
- 2 cups red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed, and peeled)
- to taste salt & pepper
- to taste granulated sugar
for basting or brushing:
- make the marinade by combining all the ingredients above, and set aside.
- take out the skin, and trim out the excess fat of the chicken.
- marinate the chicken for 24-48 hours in a bowl covered loosely in plastic wrap.
- make the basting sauce for brushing the chicken while grilling by combining all the ingredients until it is well incorporated. Set aside until ready to use.