Recipe for Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes – Do you know those times when you want to make a few cupcakes, and NOT 2 dozen? This recipe is PERFECT for those moments!
Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes
Do you know those times when you want to make a few cupcakes, and NOT 2 dozen? This recipe is PERFECT for those moments!
- 2 egg whites
- 4 Tbs. sugar
- 4 Tbs. butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cake flour (can sub AP flour if needed)
- 1/2 heaping tsp. of baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3 Tbs. milk
- 4 Tbs. butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 tsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line a cupcake pan with 4 cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and sugar. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- All at once, stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Keep stirring until everything is smooth and well-combined. Add milk and stir until incorporated into the batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner with batter. I love my large cookie scoop for this. If you don’t have one, simply divide the batter evenly between the 4 cupcakes.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. The cupcake should pass the toothpick test. Cool Completely.
- Beat or stir briskly the butter, milk and vanilla.
- On low, or slowly, add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Incorporate your powdered sugar before adding the next installment. Add more milk if needed.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and eat!