These Slow Cooker BBQ Short Ribs are so good there won’t be leftovers! A little bit sweet with just the right amount of mustardy zest. If you’re feeding a big crowd, double or triple the recipe.
- Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ can or bottle of Beer
- In a small bowl, mix sea salt, pepper, and garlic and onion powders. Adjust seasoning as necessary, then season ribs with the mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the outside of ribs.
- Place a layer of roughly chopped onions at the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard.
- Add ribs a little at a time to the bowl and make sure they are well coated in the sauce.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker on top of the bed of onions.
- Pour beer over the top once the sauced ribs are in the slow cooker, so that the sauce mixture cascades to the onions at the bottom.
- Carefully stir the ribs to combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- When done cooking, switch the slow cooker to warm setting.
- Before serving, skim excess fat from the sauce (you may need to remove the ribs to do this).
- When ready to eat, simply serve ribs directly from the slow cooker or transfer to a platter.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1364Total Fat 86gSaturated Fat 38gTrans Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 47gCholesterol 378mgSodium 1399mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 38gProtein 98g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista