Recipe for Skillet Rosemary Chicken – Cooked entirely in one pan making it the perfect quick and easy dinner! Best of all this Skillet Rosemary Chicken cooks up tender with a crispy skin, and the gravy is out of this world good! A hit with the entire family.
Skillet Rosemary Chicken
Cooked entirely in one pan making it the perfect quick and easy dinner! Best of all this Skillet Rosemary Chicken cooks up tender with a crispy skin, and the gravy is out of this world good! A hit with the entire family.
- 2-3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small shallot (about 2 tablespoons), minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee, cut into small cubes
- In a small bowl, combine together the 2 tablespoons minced rosemary, 2 minced garlic cloves and 2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pat the chicken dry then rub the marinade on both sides of the chicken. Cover the chicken and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (You can go longer if you want).
- Preheat oven to 400F and place a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Pat skin side of chicken dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. A 12" cast iron skillet works very well for this.
- Add chicken, skin side down to preheated skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and transfer skillet to the oven.
- Roast chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh or breast, registers 165 degrees, about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- Mince the shallot, 2 garlic cloves, thyme leaves, cut up the 2 tablespoons of butter and measure out the chicken broth.
- Take the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in and set it over medium heat. Add to the skillet, the shallot, thyme, and garlic.
- Stir occasionally until the shallot and garlic are softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cook, scraping up the browned bits, until the broth is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Turn off the heat and pour the sauce into a serving bowl.
- Serve up the chicken and top each piece with the sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 25 minutes Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com