You’ll love that this simple lemon poundcake. It’s moist and full of lemon flavor which means it is perfect for spring! It is so good that, the last time I made it, it didn’t make it through the day!
- 1 box traditional white cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small box lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the gelatin with the boiling water and allow it to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix with eggs, adding the eggs one at a time.
- Add the cooled gelatin, lemon extract and oil. Mix two minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a bundt cake pan that has been coated with shortening and flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- An hour after the cake comes out of the oven, invert the cake onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Slowly pour the glaze over the cake.
- Cool completely.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 62mgSodium 79mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Photo: Sparkles of Yum