Recipe for Simple Lemon Poundcake – You’ll love that this simple lemon pound cake. It’s moist and full of lemon flavor which means it is perfect for spring! It is so good that, the last time I made it, it didn’t make it through the day!
You'll love that this simple lemon pound cake. It's moist and full of lemon flavor which means it is perfect for spring! It is so good that, the last time I made it, it didn’t make it through the day!
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 box traditional white cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small box lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Combine the gelatin with the boiling water and allow it to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cake mix with eggs, adding the eggs one at a time.
- Add the cooled gelatin, lemon extract and oil. Mix two minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into a bundt cake pan that has been coated with shortening and flour. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- An hour after the cake comes out of the oven, invert the cake onto a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Slowly pour the glaze over the cake.
- Cool completely.
Calories per serving: 369
Fat per serving: 20g
Carbs per serving: 44g
Protein per serving: 4g
Photo: Sparkles of Yum
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com