These Simple and Easy Cream Puffs are the dessert people BEG me to bring to parties. What they don’t know is how truly easy they are to make!
Simple and Easy Cream Puffs
Yield: About 20 cream puffs
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
These Simple and Easy Cream Puffs are the dessert people BEG me to bring to parties. What they don't know is how truly easy they are to make!
- 1/2 cup one stick butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding, 3.4 oz each
- 1 1/3 cup cold whole milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt stick of butter and water to a rolling boil
- Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the pan (comes off the sides) and is in a ball (about 1 minute)
- Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes
- Beat in eggs (one at a time) with a mixer
- Beat mixture until smooth and velvety
- Drop by spoonfuls (walnut sized) onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Bake until DRY, 20-25 minutes (maybe longer)
- Allow cream puffs to cool completely
- Mix instant vanilla pudding with whole milk until the pudding is dissolved
- Put mixture in the refrigerator (at least an hour)
- Slice the cream puffs in half and fill with the chilled pudding
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
You can make different flavors of filling by simply changing the flavor of pudding.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 51mgSodium 65mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 3g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.