Recipe for Sausage Cheese Balls – These little appetizers make a big hit with any crowd. They continue to be one of our most-requested recipes!
Sausage Cheese Balls
These little appetizers make a big hit with any crowd. They continue to be one of our most-requested recipes!
- 1 lb bulk spicy sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sausage, cheese and rosemary; mix well using hands or spoon.
- Unroll crescent dough on work surface; coat each side of dough with 1 tablespoon flour. Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4-inch pieces. Mix crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 42 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place in pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- To add a little kick (especially if you use sausage that’s not spicy), add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce.
- You can make the sausage cheese balls ahead. Just place on pan, cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 350°F until heated through.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury