These Reeses Rice Krispie Treats take everyone’s favorite rice treats and make them even better with the addition of peanut butter and chocolate! I don’t think that I will ever eat regular Rice Krispies Treats again!
Reeses Rice Krispie Treats
These Reeses Rice Krispie Treats take everyone's favorite rice treats and make them even better with the addition of peanut butter and chocolate! I don't think that I will ever eat regular Rice Krispies Treats again!
- 6 c. Cocoa Rice Krispie's
- 16-18 regular sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Karo Syrup
- 10 oz bag + 2 c. of mini marshmallows
- 1/3 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- In a big bowl add your cereal and roughly chopped peanut butter cups. Don't chop them up to fine, or you won't get a big chunk of yummy goodness.
- Grease a 9x13 dish.
- In a big pan melt your butter. Then add your karo syrup and marshmallows. Stir on medium low heat until everything is smooth. Remove from heat and add your cereal to the pan. Stir until well combined, but don't over stir, because you don't want to break apart those peanut butter cup pieces. Press it into your pan with a buttered hand or wax paper. Let cool.
- In a small microwave bowl add your peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If it needs to be a little more runny then microwave for 15 seconds longer. Pour into a ziploc bag and snip off the end and drizzle your treats. Do the same with your chocolate chips, microwaving in 30 second increments until good and melty. Don't over cook it!! Drizzle.
- I put mine in the fridge to get the peanut butter and chocolate hard. Cut up and enjoy
Recipe and Photo: House 344