Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Creamy, cheesy goodness that is so easy, even the kids can help to make this dish!!
Recipe for Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used 10 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped) (optional)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (I used chopped rotisserie chicken from the grocery deli)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, spread oil on bottom of an 11×7″ baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.
- Drain thawed spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir rigatoni, spinach, chicken and next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
Recipe inspired from Cookfood.net
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com