Recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake – I guarantee this pumpkin cheesecake will be the creamiest cheesecake you’d ever had. And the turtle topping? Gives a nutty explosion of flavor that contrasts with that smoothness. Don’t expect any leftovers.
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
I guarantee this pumpkin cheesecake will be the creamiest cheesecake you'd ever had. And the turtle topping? Gives a nutty explosion of flavor that contrasts with that smoothness. Don't expect any leftovers.
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped pecans
- caramel sauce
- brown sugar
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and toss in the spiced butter mixture.
- Transfer the crumbs to the springform pan and press firmly into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. (I used a measuring cup)
- Bake until browned at the edges for about 15 minutes at 350F. Set aside and allow to cool. Wrap the outside 9-inch springform pan tightly with two pieces of foil.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚ F and place an oven rack in the lower-middle position.
- Combine the sugar, spices and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and softened, about 1 minute. Add about a third of the sugar-spice mixture to the bowl and beat at medium-low speed until incorporated, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed and repeat, adding the remaining sugar mixture in two additions.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla; beat at medium speed until blended, about 45 seconds.
- Add 3 of the eggs and mix on medium-low until incorporated; repeat with the remaining two eggs.
- Add the heavy cream and beat at low speed until combined, about 45 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to give the mixture a final stir by hand.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan, over the crust. Smooth the top.
- Put the springform with the covered bottom into a larger roasting pan. Pour enough simmering water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the cake is slightly wobbly when the pan is shaken.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- Toast some chopped pecan pieces with brown sugar and butter. Sprinkle on the top of the cheesecake and drizzle with caramel.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista