Recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Bread – Pecans add a nutty twist to this rich pumpkin bread – a delicious treat perfect for any fall day.
Pumpkin Pecan Bread
Pecans add a nutty twist to this rich pumpkin bread – a delicious treat perfect for any fall day.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together pumpkin, next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com