I’m not going to lie and say that these Pumpkin Oat n’ Honey Muffins are the prettiest muffins you’ve ever seen. But they are among the tastiest; moist, tasty, and something I feel good about feeding my family.
Pumpkin Oat n’ Honey Muffins
I'm not going to lie and say that these Pumpkin Oat n' Honey Muffins are the prettiest muffins you've ever seen. But they are among the tastiest; moist, tasty, and something I feel good about feeding my family.
- 2 1/2 c oats (regular or quick is fine)
- 1 c plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray tin with non-stick cooking spray. My most favorite is called Baker's Joy (it has flour added in). You could also use a silicone muffin pan. (I don't recommend using paper liners for these.
- Place all of the liquid ingredients in the blender (including pumpkin), and then blend adding oats in 1/2 c at a time until smooth. You may need to stop the blender a few times to stir. Stir in chopped walnuts after blending is complete.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.