This Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake is extremely rich, but so very good. Spice cake made with pumpkin, poked and filled with sweetened condensed milk. Whipped topping, caramel sauce and candy pieces top it off.
- 1 box spiced or yellow cake mix*
- 1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 – 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 16 oz. tub cool whip, thawed
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ bag Heath Bits or 3 crushed Heath bars or toffee bits*
- Caramel Sundae Sauce/Topping
- Preheat your oven to the temperature recommend by the cake mix (usually 350º).
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and dry cake mix. DO NOT add anything else. It will be very thick.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake according to cake mix directions (350º for approx 23-28 mins) or till toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake. Smear it all over to make sure it gets into each of the holes.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results (this allows the the milk to set in. I promise you will love it if you refrigerate it overnight). If you do not allow it to refrigerate overnight, it will not come out the same.
- Just prior to serving, combine cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip mixture over top of cake.
- Sprinkle on the heath bits, and generously drizzle caramel over top.
- Cover and store any leftovers in the fridge.
Do NOT mix the other ingredients listed on the back of the cake mix. You are mixing together, ONLY the DRY cake mix and the pumpkin puree. A yellow cake mix works fine for his recipe, however it works great with a spice cake mix as well.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 640Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 44mgSodium 547mgCarbohydrates 95gFiber 2gSugar 71gProtein 8g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Recipe and Photo: Texas Recipes