You can create uniquely colorful pretty-in-pink Pink Lemonade Cupcakes with just some pink lemonade concentrate and a handful of pantry staples.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 c. thawed frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 5 or more drops red food coloring
- 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 3 1/3 powdered sugar
- small bag of Colored Sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.In your mixer’s bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg whites and lemonade concentrate. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, beating until just smooth. Add just enough food coloring to turn the batter a light shade of pink. I used about 6 drops, the batter always lightens up during the baking process.
- Scoop batter into liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool in pan for several minutes and then remove cupcakes from the pan. Allow to cool completely on rack. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting (see below).
- Frosting – Whip butter with lemon zest on med-high for 5 minutes. Periodically scraping down the side of your mixing bowl. About halfway through the whipping I added the lemon juice. Add more lemon juice after the powdered sugar has been added if it’s not lemon-y enough for you. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until combined. After all the powdered sugar has been added, beat your frosting once again on med-high until you have the fluffy consistency you desire.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 571Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 51mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 77gFiber 1gSugar 57gProtein 4g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.