Recipe for Pina Colada Mini Muffins – These little guys are perfect for a quick snack or breakfast when you’re running out the door. They’d also be perfect for lunch, if they don’t disappear first!
Pina Colada Mini Muffins
These little guys are perfect for a quick snack or breakfast when you’re running out the door. They’d also be perfect for lunch, if they don't disappear first!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or 2/3 teaspoon rum extract)
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons (half a stick) of butter, melted (and browned, if you like)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (with the juice)
- Extra shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add brown sugar and coconut and stir until blended.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together rum, egg whites, and melted butter. Stir in crushed pineapple with juice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan (grease it lightly if it’s not non-stick, or add mini muffin cups if you wish). Evenly distribute the batter into the pan.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until they’re a nice golden color and you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin without crumbs sticking to it. If you wish, you can quickly pull the muffins out after about 10 minutes and sprinkle each with a little extra shredded coconut for a nice topping, and then return pan to the oven for the rest of the baking time.
Recipe and Photo: Megg
Nutrition Information Compiled From VeryWell.com