These upscale Philly Cheesesteak Rolls feature flaky puff pastry instead of ordinary rolls. They’re easy to make, and even easier to enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Rolls
Appetizer, Party Food, Entree, Dinner
These upscale Philly Cheesesteak Rolls feature flaky puff pastry instead of ordinary rolls. They're easy to make, and even easier to enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 6 oz. frozen beef sandwich steaks (4 portions), cut into thick strips
- 4 slices processed American cheese food product
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut into 4 (5-inch) squares.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the onion from the skillet.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the sandwich steaks to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon one-fourth of the onion and one-fourth of the sandwich steaks on the bottom third of each pastry square. Top each with 1 slice cheese. Fold 2 opposite sides over the filling. Roll up like a jelly roll. Brush the pastries with the egg. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut the pastries in half diagonally to serve.